The Department of Physics and Astronomy at FIU features internationally recognized faculty conducting research in the fields of astronomy, biophysics, condensed matter, high energy particle physics, laser physics, nuclear physics, physics education research and theoretical physics. In addition, a dedicated team of adjunct faculty, post-doctoral associates, administrative assistants, technical staff plus our own talented pool of graduate and undergraduate students together make up the Department of Physics at FIU.
- Staff: Provide administrative support to our faculty, staff and students
- Faculty: Conduct and lead research efforts and teach graduate and undergraduate courses
- Adjunct faculty: Assist with undergraduate teaching and conduct research
- Post-Doctoral Associates: Young researchers pursuing their careers and working closely with FIU faculty
- Graduate Students: Students pursing Masters or Doctorate degrees in one of the department's research areas